Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Man Cave/Office

Came home the other night and my daughter Heather & grand daughter Tanley suprised me with a office make over!  It is now a MAN CAVE with a lot of my coaching career and memorabilia up on the walls!
Here is a K. Love-R. Westbrook Jersey.  Kevin Loves shoe and a team shoe signed by the 2008 final four team all from UCLA.  SUU game ball from my first Division I win vs Oklahoma.  The Career wins ball from SUU.  Some John Stockton autograph pictures on the wall as well from my Gonzaga days.
Most of the things on this wall are from the road to the Dome  (NCAA FINAL FOUR) from the 2008 season run to San Antonio.  The Detriot sign is from a Darren Collison photo shoot his senior year when the Final Four was being played in Detriot and he was holding this sign on the Sporting News cover.  The Chair is a Bench Chair from our trip to the 2008 Final Four in San Antonio Texas.
The article and the actual photo from the Provo News when we (SUU) beat BYU at BYU!  Great win for the SUU-T Birds. S. Hutton hit the 16ft game winning shot with 2.6 seconds to go from the right side of the lane.  Great moment for us all, the team rushed the floor at the buzzer.  I celebrated watching game films with our AD Tom Douple tha night.
And of course the man cave has to have some family pictures!!!  Oh and some trophies that Heather was awarded when she was a PLAYA. We still have some things to get up and I want to paint this summer.  I can't thank Heather and Tanley enough, I'm not creative enough and they really suprised me!!!
Coach Joe Hillock

1 comment:

  1. Coach Hillock, I was at that BYU game. I yelled and yelled. I still get reminded by those who were there at that game. When Chesman was shooting I yelled 'Cheese Man', and she cringed every time. I also saw a BYU fan get kicked out of the game. He was trying to keep up with me. My friends may have been embarrassed but I was only yelling for Sarah and her team. Go TEAM.

    and thank you,
    Gary Hutton
    Sarah Yerke's father

    ReplyDelete